Chief Technology Officer Job
Farm'd is seeking a CTO to work alongside our executive team in our Atlanta office.
Farm'd is an online marketplace, connecting chefs to local farmers for a more direct and transparent food system. Freshly funded and working out of the Atlanta Tech Village, Farm'd is working towards a more accountable and community-based food system every day.
This partnership position in the startup is responsible for driving the technology product and team, creating value for the organization by leading and deploying capital and team resources to create a world-class marketplace.
- Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for driving the evolution and growth of our platform's technology by taking a hands-on leadership role in platform design/decision-making and driving execution to adoption (50/50 split between managing the team and hands-on coding.)
- Act as a positive engineering leader to ensure engineering goals and roadmaps are tightly aligned with business partners
- Build and lead an engineering team capable of delivering complex software solutions quickly and with minimal defects
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of a viral growth business
- Continue to create and execute our “technical vision” as well as provide strategic guidance for the company’s strategic technology direction, development, and future growth
- Develop team talent, including training and career growth
- Foster and build on an inclusive and passionate engineering culture
- Measure and report on productivity, efficiency, and impact of engineering across the organization
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as community, business development and logistics as an adviser of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create a strong sense of urgency and empowerment from within a culture that values sustainability and the happiness of its developers
- Significant and demonstrable experience developing large scale SaaS solutions as a hands-on VP of Engineering or CTO in an early-stage start-up
- 10+ years of experience in software development and application design along the PHP track. Our tech stack includes:
- Codebase: Laravel API, VueJS SPA
- Server: Amazon Web Services, Ubuntu, Nginx, PHP 7.1, MySQL/MariaDB, Let's Encrypt, NodeJS, Redis, Supervisor
- 5+ years of experience managing an engineering team in an Agile/Scrum environment, preferably having built a team from infancy
- Experience bringing a product in-house from a third party development team
- Ability to tightly align business objectives with engineering deliverables
- Customer-centric focus, both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Go with the flow mentality and able to work in an ever-changing environment
- Absolutely required for this role: a positive, action-oriented mindset. You should not confuse activity with achievement.
Send your resume and cover letter to HR@farmd.com to apply.
Compensation package is competitive with the Atlanta marketplace. Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to schedule events.
Farm'd is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disabled status.