UI/UX Product Designer
Farm'd is seeking a UI/UX Designer to work alongside out product team in our Atlanta office.
Farm'd is an online marketplace, connecting chefs to local farmers for a more direct and transparent food system. Freshly funded and working out of the Atlanta Tech Village, Farm'd is working towards a more accountable and community-based food system every day.
This position works to accelerate the pace of product development and design, working alongside the head of product directly. The position will be dedicated to creating immediate value for the startup by streamlining the product design process, accelerating the delivery of design specs, and problem solving with the leadership team to resolve product decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the head of product on a daily basis to resolve design decisions as a team.
- Creating and deploying bare-bones prototypes for evaluation with our user base, following the D School methodology.
- Recording feedback with users and synthesizing into pixel-perfect mockups.
- Working with our development team to plan sprints.
- Testing a providing detail-oriented QA feedback to our development team.
- Documenting design decisions and working collaboratively with the operations team to launch products after the development cycles.
- Evaluating bi-weekly product launches with the product lead.
- Some experience working in startups, agency, OR successful completion of postgraduate degree in design.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping software, Adobe Suite (or equivalent).
- Familiarity with agile methodology, QA processes, and user-centric design principles.
- Graphic design skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to take data points from review meetings and build Excel-based model to show the success or failure of different algorithm ideas.
- Ability to run test data on different algorithm ideas and incorporating the successful test into a detailed mockup to show developers.
- Ability to summarize day to day efforts in a succinct one-pager on design ideas for executive team feedback.
- A passion for food is a distinct plus.
- Supremely independent and ready to attack problems with grit and gusto.
- Interested in startup culture and small-company design principles.
- Excited to be involved with an early-stage startup, ready for the challenges inherent in early-stage startups.
- Ability to manage one's time and turn over new projects and obstacles quickly and efficiently.
To Apply: Send your cover letter, resume, and digital examples of your design work to HR@farmd.com. Only applications with all three pieces will be considered.
Farm'd is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disabled status.